Sunday, September 21, 2008

Patience, young grasshopper

My friend Corinne went through a series of relationships with a line up of different men and scenarios of hook-up. Some were the obvious mutual use of each other as sex-objects, others were relationships that started and ended in a relatively short period. Overall, the common thread though the past gamut of beaus was quick romps in the sack. Unfulfilling and limply lasting.

But the recent one was different:

"It's been over 2 months, and I really like him," she told me. "We haven't had sex yet. At first that worried me. I kept thinking something must be wrong, but I still want to get in his pants. I love him."

"Wow." I replied, at once perplexed and impressed. "This seems like such a big non-move for a guy."

"Yes! And believe me, it's been a challenge. I've learned there's a difference between sex and love. You owe it to yourself to figure out the difference."

No comments: