Sunday, September 21, 2008

Canoodle

A question arose about the meaning of the word "Canoodle" during a most recent round of Cranium. Since the meaning was tangential to the game, though we all took a guess, it was put on the list of things to Google the following day. So we did.

"Let's look up Canoodle," I said to my internettedly connected roommate.

She typed, clicked and was amazed at the results. Of the guesses from the evening prior, our definitions were not so hot and heavy. This is a word with a span of innuendos:

1. v. (slang) caress, fondle, or pet amorously.
2. v. intr. To engage in caressing, petting, or lovemaking.
3. v. tr. To win over or convince by cajoling or flattering

"Whenever I hear Canoodle, I think of those foam things that you play with in a pool..." she said.

"Those are FUNoodles," I replied.

She raised an eyebrow: "Canoodling is fun too..."

No comments: