Wednesday, February 3, 2010

Signed, sealed, delivered I'm yours

Inspired by Operation Secret Valentine and (my most favorite, ever) the fragments of Sappho, I harnessed my inner girl and busted out this little ditty after a long meditation for a you-know-whom.

There's nothing like the heartpouring out from twitterpated inspiration & exuberance. Why stop it? It feels so good.

yes she said and again yes and his hands and yes she said again she said yes

I like the idea of anonymity being at the heart of the Valentine's tradition. Sometimes it just helps to write a letter to the ether, to yourself, to a future someone, or to someone you adore from afar but you're not sure where their heart is at.

Write it out, offer it up, give good intention and open up the mystery. Who doesn't love a good riddle? I bet someone would love to hear from you.

Here's my secret valentine: 'hold that line.'


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

"In your light I learn how to love.In your beauty, how to make poems. You dance inside my chest, where no one sees you, but sometimes I do, and that sight becomes this art." - Rumi