Sunday, December 21, 2008

Progressive

"What do you mean 'nothing'...?" she inquisitively raised an eyebrow.

"I mean 'nothing' as in I've got nothing." her friend answered. "No physical boundaries have been crossed, if you catch my drift."

"And you've been hanging out this long? And, you've told him everything?" her eyebrow still raised in questioning disbelief.

Her friend looked back at her wide-eyed, nodding slightly, fully knowing the duration of the meet-cute continuum. "I don't really feel like I need to make the proverbial "moves" - it's pretty obvious at this point. I mean, maybe he's just not into me like that...? I can live with that. Maybe I just need to let go of this and move on to more consummate delicacies on the horizon?"

"You know what I'd do? I'd just say: "Hey, I want to kiss you." And then do it. I did that once to a guy, and he thanked me for being so forward."

No comments: