Thursday, July 23, 2009

Lines

Fully loaded with snacks and supplies, they headed out in the early morning hours to embark on a road trip up west for the holiday weekend. Around Crazy Woman Creek, WY, they found themselves desperately out of gas, running on what could only be the vapors of fumes. They drafted uphill behind a benevolent and unsuspecting semi before exiting at the first gas station they spotted right before Buffalo, WY. They filled a 17.2 gallon tank with 17.75 gallons of gas, thus defying the laws of physics. After her own pit stop and experiencing yet another wonderful roadside restroom, she noticed that her comrade had bought some donuts.

She grabbed them. "Whoops. Those aren't on your diet. I'll have to take those away from you."

"Give me back my donuts!" he said, surprised and hungry.

"I'm doing you a favor," she said.

"I haven't started my diet yet," he said.

"Yeah, but you shouldn't eat those," she said.

"I'll eat anything round with a hole in it," he said.

A smile crept over her face as she began to laugh. "You should use that as a pick-up line."

No comments: