Sunday, July 6, 2008

Reeling: an excerpt from the wedding diaries

If anyone ever tries to tell you that all things wedding are a stress free piece of cake, please do yourself a favor and laugh them out of the room or ask them what they are on. So far, there is little about this process that is keeping my giddiness for this ritual intact.

I mean, we've bought cars together. We have a dog together. We've bought a house together and have been living in it for 2 years. We've been through long distance, too-soon closeness, graduate school and some bouts of workaholism. But, the question is, can we get hitched? Why does the M-word make things so insanely difficult? What does it change? What will be different? Why are questions that I thought had been answered or had become non-issues suddenly rearing their unsettling heads?

Someone, please tell me. I'm all ears.

For now, I'm in a bit of a tailspin or a whirlwind or both as my mind is reeling with scenarios and possibilities and real-time re-runs.

And my koan for the week, courtesy of my horoscope, is "Spontaneity leads to truth."

No comments: