Monday, October 20, 2008

Thank you very little

Have you ever wondered how you can spend so much time with someone, good times of enjoying each other's company - or so you thought - planning things for the immediate future, only to be left in the dust of no follow through? Have you ever kept your schedule open based on a past discussion (on a date) and then found yourself waiting for a phone call, a return text or ... some follow through?

"I mean, when I say I'm going to call, I usually call. It's pretty simple," my recently left in the dust friend vented. "Why was it so hard for what's-his-face to call?! It's the dawning of the age of the iPhone. The tele isn't new technology. Shit, he could have txt'd. Emailed. Geezus H..."

It's about congruity: when you say you're going to do something, do it. The favorable pieces of you match up. Otherwise, you risk the terrible label of "flaky."

No comments: