Wednesday, August 27, 2008

The passion quotient

Is passion really another unquantifiable vapor that everyone wants? A dear pal emailed me pondering this very question. But he arrived at a stellar conclusion:

"... I think that the "passion" most people are looking for is the interest and desire to commit to a person and a relationship. It's the same continued fascination that keeps people driven in a career or a hobby, but instead of being directed towards a project, we want that drive, fascination, inspiration and commitment to be directed at our person."

I followed his train of thought, and I like the station it landed at. It takes something to keep a spark sparky between two people. I envy those for whom the flame always burns intensely. David Deida would suggest that a polarity of the feminine and masculine essences must always be at play to keep this dynamic fire alive.

No comments: